So this book was great! Nikolas Christakis and Jame’s Fowler’s “Connected: The Surprising Power of Our Social Networks” is worth a read. And it relates beautifully to this year’s theme, which ideas change us and why?
I already finished it and have recommended it to several people:
- Bruce – who I work with on education reform issues at the Center for Authentic Intellectual Work (AIW)
- Darren – who will benefit immensely from the political insights in his work as a campaign manager in Minnesota
- Paul – who is an expert in “teaming” and diversity at Metro State University
- The Iowa AIW Coaching Crew – who will get insights into their schools’ AIW team successes (and challenges)
- Jose – who works with online networks of people for WordPress
- David 1 – who runs a chemistry lab at 3M
- Hans and Tom – who sold it to me at Micawbers Bookstore.
People I intend to recommend the book to:
- Tina – who decided to increase her fitness regime
- Mary – who is changing children’s lives with SiteLines
- Aunt Pat – who already knows a lot about social networks
- Carla – who runs a book club in a St. Paul Public Library
- Kathleen – who works in the international corporate world
- My VIS classmates – who live internationally
- Elizabeth – who has influence and impact on the sustainable development in the Bay Area, who in turn may share it with her husband who works with NASA environmentally related issues
- David 2 – who is a superintendent in Chaska
- Steve – who was running for governor but withdrew
- Jenney – who I share all my best reads with, who in turn will share it with her husband, who might just use it in his architecture course.
- Cheri – who I also share all my best reads with AND could use it in her PR work
- Yvonne – who I also share all my best reads with AND could use it in her Real Estate work
- And you, whoever you are reading this blog!
Final To Do List:
- Finish Creating a simulation for AIW Coordinator’s Academy based on theories of the book.
- Contact the authors again and share insights and simulation to double-check the theoretical transfer of ideas into the game.
- REREAD the Book!